Real Programmers don't Document

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Real Programmers don't document if it's hard to write it's hard to understand

I think this holds true if you are writing code for developers at your level of expertise or greater

for those of us down the food chain this just turns the light off

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I apologize; it was mena to be funny.

I do take  a radical stand on comments; endeavoring to eliminate all of them without reducing understanability.  Doing so requires enormous discipline in naming and in organization, and it is true that there are times it cannot be avoided (or the cost of doing so is too high) but I try hard to hit my ideal.  The one exception is comments indicating work to be done; and even there I'm wary.

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Mine was meant with a little humor also I've read your book Learning C# and I would say you are someone with the ability to document I listened to you podcast with Joe Yesterday

at http://misfitgeek.com/podcast/episode-5-jesse-liberty-on-silverlight-hyper-video/

great job you folks at Microsoft are doing

I just hope I'm advanced enough to follow along with this project and keep up I know I'm not advanced enough to contribute unless you needed someone to bring you coffee or something like that I'm looking forward to advancing my abilities I am looking forward to typing out every line of code in this project to gain the essence of a project like this and learning something along the way documentation permitting  I all so think this project could put a lot of people to work in the future Thanks