Developer Notes

Editor
Feb 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Here are my notes on getting set up with SLHVP.  We can move these to somewhere more formal - but figured I'd start here.

Download/Install

Get the latest source code from: http://silverlighthvp.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Issues I Ran Into

Some of these may be specific to my machine (Windows 7 64-bit) - but listing them in case others have the same problems:

1. When I opened the solution, Visual Studio gave me a Security Warning: You should only open projects from a trustworthy source.

--> I just unchecked "Ask me this for every project" and hit OK. 

2. When the project opened, I got the warning: The referenced component 'Expression.Samples.Interactivity' could not be found.

--> In the SilverlightHVP.View Project under references, remove the Expression.Samples.Interactivity that it can't find and add a reference to the one you installed from the Expression Blend Samples: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Expression\Blend 3 Samples\Silverlight\Design\Expression.Samples.Interactivity.dll

3. When I compiled, I got the error:

The "ValidateXaml" task failed unexpectedly.  System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\Projects-Development\SilverlightHVP\SMF\smf-bin-1.2009.1112.1\smf-bin-1.2009.1112.1\Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Data.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

--> Windows 7 recognized that I had downloaded the DLLs and so it blocked them.  Unblock them by going into the directory: SilverlightHVP\SMF\smf-bin-1.2009.1112.1\smf-bin-1.2009.1112.1\ which holds 5 DLLs.   Individually, right-click on each DLL and click the "Unblock" button at the bottom of the general tab.

4. I also got errors that 2 files in the SilverlightHVP.Tests project could not be opened:

• VMTests.cs
  • UnitTests.cs

--> We just need to upload these into the source code on the site.  In the meantime, I just excluded them from the project.

Voila, it compiles and runs.

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Abby,

Fantastic; moved into the main documentation.