Database structure

Editor
Jan 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Lets discuss a structure of DB. What do you think about this:

DB_structure

LinkTypes is a dictionary which contains types of markers. Types of markers can be "comment", "videoLink", "TOC".

Markers is a storage for data about video(TOC, links to another video, comments). Time stores a position of marker at video. LinkTypeID is a type of marker. Comments can contain an item of TOC, some comments or names of videos which are linked with video of marker.

Videos is a storage for links of videos.

Jan 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM

If I understood correctly, you would use LinkTypes for storing a small amount of data. You can use type tinyint instead of int to store LinkTypes.ID field.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM

There are two types of data that will need persistance: the configuratio data and the stored state. Ideally they would be identical; allowing us to restore state either based on a starting condition or to restore from a persisted condition

What I have in mind is that the state of the system will be captured in Set objects (where a set consists of a collection of Itemholders, with each ItemHolder holding one item and its list of topics and its list of links).

Sets can be persisted in either Xaml (to local storage) or in a RDB and retrieved with RIA Services.

Now that I have this in place (with mock Ria Service and mock Xaml) I will post the entire design to my blog asap.