HyperVideo

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Discussions about the concept of HyperVideo

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM
jliberty wrote:

Discussions about the concept of HyperVideo

I have a foggy understanding so far, Please feel free to correct me.

1. For any instructional video being streamed in the HyperVideo player, every instant will have a set of relevant keywords highlighted. (Similar to the microsoftpdc.com videos/sunday night nfl video streaming).

2. The user would be able to pause the video, jump to another video/different content based on the keyword.

3. One of the Consistent 'links' would be 'Sub-Title' and/or 'Transcript'.

4. Users would be able to upload their own Content Videos and create/improve content.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Kanchirk, thanks for writing as it offers me the opportunity to clarify. 

The premise, at least for the core product, first release, is that for each video there will be two accompanying windows: the Table of Contents and the Links.

The Table of Contents will appear all at once and offer the user navigation within the video based on topic

The Links will appear as the topic is mentioned. Clicking on a link will pause the video and do one of two (?) things: open a page in your browser, or open a new video player (probably in a tabbed interface) with a video that explains that topic.

I don't anticipate transcript at this point, though we are actively working on closed captioning. I'm not sure what "Sub-title" would do.

Your fourth item is not on the agenda for the initial release but is certainly of very high interest.